...to be followed by a "Things I Hate about NYC" post. As for now, here is a short list of things I like, even love about New York:
- People here are a lot nicer than they get credit for
- EVERYTHING stays open later
- Everyone can tell Im from California - I don't know why, but I dig that
- The blocks are so short, I feel like I can walk everywhere
- Soooo many cabs! You'd never have to call ahead for a cab just to wait an hour for some sweatpants wearin' slob to show up
- Cabs that actually have reliable credit card payment methods other than some janky, works-only-sometimes box that looks like it was made by some dude who ordered parts out of a hobby magazine
- Coffee for under a buck...think about it, when is that last time you saw that?
- Although Im hesitant, streetfood thats more than just bacon-wrapped hot dogs
- People, of all ages, seem to have pretty hip sneaker style - I have an inner sneaker geek in me, so I notice things like that
- Most restaurants have these little tents around the doorway to prevent cold air from blowing in everytime the door opens
I am here...
View Larger Map