Nevertheless, I must persist. So onward and upward motherfuckers.
Now that I got that awkward and embarrassing apology out of the way (notice the perfect use of the "F word" to ease some of the tension)--Id like to finally put some thought into some of the things I want to do, experience or accomplish in 2009. This is not a list of resolutions, but just some things I'd like to have in the back of my mind throughout the year.
- Go rock climbing - or learn how
- Stretch everyday - I should really be able to touch my toes, not somewhere halfway down my shins
- Learn how to play harmonica - Im such a sucker for the harmonica
- Get my gray slacks hemmed - shits been bothering me for months
- Save money - time to be a grown up
- Leave the country - somewhere strange, aka NOT mexico
- Listen to people - I mean REALLY listen, instead of just thinking what to say next
- Go fishing - I used to love fishing when I was a kid, now I can drink beer AND fish at the same time!
- Get to those Netflix's that have been hovering in the middle of my queue for the last year - Im talking about you 'Corpse Bride' and 'Raising Arizona'
- Learn something new to put on my resume - no, graphing unnecessary, nonsensical correllations in excel doesn't count as a 'skill'
- Get a job - step 1) write resume, step 2) ummmmmm....
- Carry cash - "cash only" can be such a bummer, well the solution is simple
- Start a compost pile - not to sound like a hippie, but what else is my unemployed-ass gonna do?
- and of course...Write!!!